In this Article
As we enter a new decade, the deadline to move to SAP S/4HANA by 2025 to maintain support from SAP is quickly approaching. Read the below to learn more about S/4HANA – and how to decide if you should jump on the migration in 2020.
SAP HANA Versus S/4HANA: What’s the Difference?
Is Migrating to S/4HANA Mandatory?
Migrating to SAP S/4HANA is not mandatory, but it is strongly encouraged. Implementing S/4HANA is not required to keep SAP up and running. However, SAP’s plan is to phase out its other software suites in favor of S/4HANA. Therefore, the migration is looking more and more like an inevitability.
How Are Other Companies Handling the Migration?
Many companies are currently taking the migration path. For example, out of the SAP users surveyed February last year, 41% are still evaluating a potential move to S/4HANA. So, if you are part of the 41% that have not migrated over to S/4HANA, you are not alone.
If you are thinking about migrating to SAP S/4HANA, try running SAP’s Readiness Check to analyze the impact of the changeover.
Why Should You Start Your Migration Sooner than Later?
By migrating to S/4HANA sooner rather than later will not only give you access to more migration resources, but the migration can also help you improve your performance. SAP 4/HANA cloud deployment also makes you more innovative, competitive, and agile.
Top 5 Reasons to Move to SAP S/4HANA
Below are the top five reasons that you can benefit from S/4HANA:
- Simplicity – S/4HANA cuts down the processing time considerably
- Ease of Use – SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) applications can now run in a modern and web-based format with S/4HANA
- Modernization – The S/4HANA applications enhance the ECC functionality with speed, context, and data accessibility
- Preparing for Future Innovation – SAP’s new innovations will be S/4HANA applications
- Need for Speed – S/4HANA provides a new-age digital interface that seamlessly integrates into your enterprise